Sunday 12 July 2015

Yorrick's CookHouse, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai

Buffalo Bill Burger
Had been reading so many good reviews of this newly opened joint that I had bookmarked it on my zomato for the last couple of weeks. I was impressed by the immediate responses I was getting from them on my queries about ordering from them, via zomato. Finally the day dawned and I called them to find that they were shut on Wednesdays, but had a nice conversation with Sunil, who runs the place. You can place your orders via WhatsApp to them, and their delivery guy is sent to deliver your order with the help of google maps.

Roast Beefalo Burger
 When I called the next day, owing to some technical delay, I was told the order would take an extra hour to get to me. I placed my order and then began a long wait. Just as our hunger was getting the better of us and our patience, the guy arrived, a good couple of hours later. While simmering in our own anger about the delayed delivery, we opened the boxes in which the burgers where packed in. The packing is fabulous, quite a technical way of doing it. You have to see it to know what I am talking about.

Pulled Pork Burger
 The burgers were HUGE. And the best part...they hadn't budged a bit. The towering burgers were standing as they're supposed to. All thanks to the fantastic packing. Just as you wonder how to bite into these monsters, the aromas of roast patties and bacon will get the better of you and you will unleash your animal within. That is exactly what happened to us. We wolfed down these huge burgers and took little breathers in between to appreciate the flavours and the effort put into making these superb looking delights. The Buffalo Bill burger is just out of this world. The buffalo patties are tasty and there's egg and bacon as well. Huge! The Roast Beefalo burger was super yum as well. The pulled pork was a bit of a let down for me personally. I know that pulled pork burgers have some sweet BBQ sauce in them, so maybe that taste didn't work for me. I'll definitely try their pork-u-pine burger next time. My wife absolutely loved the fish burger and we all claimed these to be the best burgers we have ever had...and that's really saying a lot. Definitely ordering out from here again.

-Agent Pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment