Friday 10 July 2015

High Street Cafe, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi (Cheapest Alcohol in Town)

Although Rajouri Garden is very close to where I stay, I hardly visit this part of the city. But since the past few months, I had been hearing a lot of people talk about this new cafe that had come up in the busy Rajouri Garden market serving good food and the cheapest alcohol in town. So I decided to go there myself and check whether the buzz that was there about this place was actually right or not. Here's how my experience was....

Kit Kat Shake
High Street Cafe is a cafe based on British concept and has a great ambiance. As you enter you get the feel of an old-time British Pub with all the solid wood furniture and the brick walls.  This is a great place for students to hang out after college or school. There is music playing in the background which is not too loud as seen on most of the cafes. The cafe also organises Sufi Nights on Saturdays with live music and becomes a hub for music lovers over weekends.

Chicken Tikka Pizza
The menu has a wide variety and includes items like Dabeli and Bachka which are pure Indian and are hardly seen on any menu. For drinks I ordered the Kit Kat Shake, which had small bits of Kit Kat mixed with vanilla ice-cream and blended, garnished with a stick of Kit Kat and served in a jar. The shake was great and quite filling but still I managed to grab a bite of the Chicken Tikka Pizza which is one of their specializations and also an innovation. The pizza was amazing with a mix of Italian flavours along with the spicy taste of the Indian appetizer Chicken Tikka.

On the whole it was a great experience and I am pretty sure that I will visit this place again and will also suggest it to everyone I know. So if you ever find yourself in or around the Rajouri Garden market, take out some time and visit this amazing cafe.

-Agent Salt

1 comment: